Thursday, February 10, 2011

A book and a slow down.

So I've slowed down in my reading. It's been crazy busy in my life since I've gotten back from vacation. School started and then I got sick and so even though I had the last weekend off I was in bed sleeping the entire weekend. No reading, no housework, nothing. So I've basically been trying to keep my house in order, do my schoolwork, go to work and there has been no time for reading. Except for one.


The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn is a favorite among my students. The kids love all things Hahn to begin with but we literally have about ten copies of this title and they are constantly checked out. I'll admit I figured out what was going on before I was halfway through the book but only because I could relate it to a movie I had seen. I can totally understand why kids love this book and it really is pretty freaky. I don't want to say much about it since I don't really want to spoil it for you, but if you (assuming you're an adult) would like a quick, easy, fun kids ghost story this would be the book for you.

I now have two three-day weekends this month, so I plan to read a bit more. Hopefully after I've cleaned my house, gotten AHEAD on all my schoolwork, planned my birthday party, and not get sick. Fingers crossed for more reading?

No comments: