Friday, February 11, 2011

I found it!

In my last post I talked about a book I read as a kid. It was about a girl who was on a TV show and was writing her memoirs at age 13...and after searching and searching for years I finally found the book online! It's called Confessions of a Prime Time Kid and it's actually a work of FICTION! AH! I think I must have been in 4th or 5th grade when I picked this book up at my school's book fair and I think I must have really thought it was true.

Over the years I have scoured the web trying to find reference to the vague memories I had of a TV show and the girl's name and I could never find anything. Well DUH! now that I realize it's fiction of course I wouldn't have found anything. I finally found the book on a used book website. I can't believe I actually found it. I'm so excited. I put it on hold at work so I can re-read it. I can specifically remember reading it in the bathtub at the house I grew up in. I would spend hours and hours and hours refilling the tub with water and reading books and this was one of my favorites.

So thrilled. Good night! :)

No comments: