Thursday, September 3, 2009

What number is February?

You know, by the time I was in high school I knew all the months and their corresponding numbers. Like January is 1, February is 2, March is 3 etc. etc. hell I knew that in Kindergarten. Which is why is was so shocking to me when a patron who was probably 17 or 18 came up to me and asked me what number February was... "Like the second month of the year?" "Yea...so it's number 2?" "Yes..." o.O

So. I had a first ever experience in the library the other day. I knocked off a cart of books. It was completely embarrassing and loud and everyone stared. I think the worst part of it was that I saw it happening and there was nothing that I could do to stop it. :(

I also cussed in the library the other day. I didn't think I did, and I was actually proud of myself for not doing so, until ASL kindly told me that I dropped the F-Bomb.. oh well. Let me explain why I'm totally justified in dropping it too. I was searching for a DVD that a patron had requested that we buy but it was not in system. ASL was looking for it so we could do a quick add to the system and her her check it out, so I began to go through my boxes of DVDs in the backroom. I was shifting through my boxes and a GIANT COCKROACH crawled out of my box and I apparently was so shocked that I threw the box forward, dropped the F-Bomb and freaked the hell out. Because Me + Bugs = NOT A GOOD THING!

Oh well, another day in the library. :)

No comments: