Tuesday, July 19, 2011

You know what bothers me?

Non-eletronic job applications. I don't see the point of them. At. All.

I've been applying for jobs for a good month and a half now, knowing that I will need to be doing SOMETHING by the time September comes around. I love my job at the public library but it is only 20 hours a week and I can't live on that pay check. So I need to be do something in addition to that job, so I've been applying and applying. All the jobs I'm going for are library related, as I don't really want to be doing anything else, obviously if it comes to it I can and will work somewhere else I just don't prefer it so I'm not really pushing myself in that direction yet.

Most of the jobs I'm applying for use the same electronic systems to recieve their applications. In fact all of the jobs except two. One is a private school (which I get), but they at least let me e-mail the application and information in. The second one is a huge community college district and yet they want me to print out the application (which is a pdf that I can type into thankgod!) and a whole bunch of other paperwork and MAIL it to them. In an envelope. By Mail. MAIL!!!! ugh. Who mails things these days? Why can't I fax it to them? Or e-mail it? It would make my life easier and I'm positive it would make their life easier. Who wants to actually have to go through all that paperwork? I mean if it's eletronic you can set a computer to find keywords or other things to weed it all out. I like that idea much better.

Anyway, this community college district has two openings open and of course I applied for one, and then the second one came up. And I didn't save or make a copy of my first application so now I have to re-type the entire thing. Ugh. Stupid paper applications...

No comments: