Thursday, July 21, 2011

The First Rule of Book Club is...

About a month and a half ago my friend Dawn posted on Facebook that she wanted to start a book club. Being the librarian in training that I am, I was extremely excited and of course signed up. I also forced my co-worker ASL (who has been featured in stories before) to join with me. We all have a weird connection.

I've known Dawn for almost my whole life, she's my older sister's best friend. Well, maybe not my whole life, I think they met when they were freshmen in high school, so they were 14, and I am 8 years younger than my sister..... so I've known Dawn since I was 6 years old. Wow! Anyways, Dawn actually knows ASL because she went to elementary school and high school with her. So ASL, Dawn, and my sister (Tina), all went ot high school togehter and graduated the same year. I was working with ASL and finally realized that they all graduated together and everyone is now all reconnected yay!

So back to the book club, we decided to read The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. You'll see it on my list over there ---->.  None of us really enjoyed the book, but we did have a great time chatting and eating all the yummy food that was brought, but the centerpiece if you will was a lemon cake! (Hah bet you didn't figure that was coming). Dawn made it was it was really tasty, my favorite part was the frosting. I love frosting. :)

I can't wait to get together with these girls later this month. Oh! And the best part? Dawn's adorable baby Peanut. He's literally my favorite baby, if I ever have kids I want one in this model. For reals.

All photos graciously stolen from Dawn. Go look at her cute kid.

1 comment:

Dandy said...

Ah, thanks Court! I cannot believe I have known you since you were 6 years old. That's totally freaking me out right now.