Sunday, June 5, 2011

No words.

So the school year is coming to an end and I'm kind of sad about it. I'm going to miss my kids next year, and they all seem to know that I'm not coming back. I've told them that I'm moving and that's the truth. My goal is to move back to my home city/county by the end of summer. It'd be the best since I'd be close to my other job (as in not a 30-45 minute commute) and close to my family (which is nice since I have a crazy brother who has high drama). What's a real bummer is that I'm bascially going to be missing the whole last week of school because of furloughs. Where will I be spending my furloughs you ask? Hawaii. But I'm still kind of bummed to miss seeing my kids and signing yearbooks.

Speaking of yearbooks I ordered one. I'm glad I did so I can remember my year at this school. It was fun and I'm glad I did it, even if it did require me to wake up really early to get to work (HELLO 4AM!).

I'm excited to hit up Hawaii too, this will be my first real vacation with my new iPad. I've loaded a bunch of books on it and have already started reading some. I think I'm going to enjoy having an ebook reader!

Now for a little gem I was asked yesterday.

Middle school aged boy (probably 8th grade or so) came up to me and asked if I had books on the Civil War and the proceeded to ask if I knew what the Civil War was. I told him that I did, indeed, know what the Civil War was and pointed him in the direction of our books on the subject. But seriously? Do people not know what the Civil War was? REALLY?! Ugh.

No comments: